I immediately fell in love with March Madness (Woo Woo!) last year when I heard some of the boys at work talking about bubble teams. For those who know me the reason here should be pretty obvious. For the rest of you, it’s simple. I love bubbles.
So to see what all the fuss was about I filled out a bracket for my company’s office pool… And guess what… I WON! Not only did I win $ and the admiration of my co-workers, but I also experienced… THE MADNESS. The NCAA tournament is a Sushette’s dream- a must addition to your social calendar. A-mazing parties, a great excuse to dress up and best of all, vodka sodas are half price because they play the games in the afternoon!
To show the boys my appreciation for introducing me to the fun, I decided I would help them this year (you know, win… LOL) by putting together a quick guide to winning NCAA tournament pools. Since ESPN calls it Bracketology I decided to pretty it up- and go with Bracketolindsay!
Bracketolindsay- 12 Keys to Winning your NCAA Office Pool
1. Pick your favorite colors- Since purple is really pretty, I think Kansas State is going to do very well.
2. Pick a team that that is featured in your favorite movie- Since Harvard (Legally Blonde) didn’t make it and they don’t have schools in The Notebook, I am going to vote for Notre Dame, because Rudy was so teeny and cute.
3. Pick your favorite mascots- Tar Heels sounds a lot like high heels and because I love Christian Louboutin, I think North Carolina will do A-mazing.
4. Pick teams that sound funny – Up until 20 minutes ago, I thought Gonzaga was called Gorgonzola which is the funniest sounding cheese.
5. Pick players with A-mazing names. Apparently all the Sushbros love a guy called Jimmer… “Jimmmmmmah!!!” They say. That is definitely an A-mazing one. But I once dated a guy named Jim, and he was a jerk, so I don’t think BYU will do well.
6. But… KEMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That is truly an #APAUSEMAZING name! (Thank you Facebook News Feed for introducing me to him). Other than my Uncle Kenny, I don’t know anyone with a name that is close to that. So I def love him… Go UConn!
7. Pick against teams for which you hold personal grudges- It seems like everyone I meet who works in Private Equity went to Duke. You know how I now feel about Private Equity… Boo Duke!
8. Pick teams based on places you like- My BFFer just went to SXSW and had the best time. She said Austin was A-mazing. I need to go there IMMEDIATELY. So I think Texas will do well.
9. Pick teams for Family- Mine, Ali’s and Jordana’s grandfather was named Louis… Yay Louisville!
10. Pick teams ‘cause of something you truly love- Since the Oscars- the real biggest event of the year- take place in LA, UCLA is my SLEEPER…WOO WOO!
11. Pick against Creepy- Every guy I’ve ever met from Princeton looks like The American Psycho and is named Pierce or Holt or something scary… so they will definitely lose in the 1st round.
12.. And last but not least, Support all five A-mazing Sushi-12 schools- Syracuse, Wisconsin, BU, Michigan and Arizona… I am so excited for all of you and wish you could all win. Make us proud!
Based on these 12 theories, I had to make some very tough decisions. To avoid wrinkles I didn’t vote for any Sushi 12 schools to win- it would be too stressful to choose. In the end, I decided to go with the 4 teams that represented what means most to me. And so, my final 4 teams are:
North Carolina, Texas, Notre Dame and Kansas State.
Notre Dame beats UNC in the finals 74-79! (I’m gonna stick with this way of saying the score).
Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!
Mwah! And enjoy the A-mazing tournament.
The Sushi 12 breakdown continues soon! Follow me on Twitter HERE for updates on new posts and other goodies!